The Bottom Pit
|The Bottom Pit|
|Government||Triarchy with elements of a republic|
|Founder|| Soundcard |
|Leader|| Soundcard |
|Established||February 5th, 2021 (515 days ago / 17 months ago)|
|Census|| 68.7% Mappers |
|Preceded by||The Republic of the Mapper League|
The Bottom Pit, previously known as ML5, is a server formed by Soundcard and Neethy on February 5th 2021 as a successor to The Republic of the Mapper League. It drops the old e-nation elements of the Republic and instead focuses more on being a group of friends who do things for the fun of it.
Timeline of events
- February 5th, 2021 - A DM group named Mini Mapper League is made while Soundcard makes a new server called Mapper League v5.0. Some of the veterans of the community come back and the server is owned by Soundcard and Neethy.
- February 6th, 2021 - The flag of Mapper League 5 is changed to a new one made by Nilai. The drama between Soundcard and Duč ends, the latter joins ML5 and he becomes a moderator in there. ML5 is also recognized as independent by TMAFE.
- February 12th, 2021 - The name "ML" begins to lose its acronym meaning.
- March 1st, 2021 - The March 2021 security incident happens involving Soundcard, Neethy and Ulain. This has caused TMAFE to ban ML5 members (with the notable exception of Dutch), send Neethy to court, sign the Frontier Patriot Act and it made Soundcard relevant again.
- March 29th, 2021 - Members of the FSA join the ML5 server for 10 minutes while Soundcard joins TMAFE's server for about 15 as a deal. This is the first notable positive interaction between TMAFE and ML5.
- March 31st, 2021 - The name "ML" is officially no longer an acronym.
- April 1st, 2021 - People from TMAFE join ML5 for a longer amount of time.
- April 5th, 2021 - The 1st ML5 staff elections occur; Duč gets elected as moderator.
- April 18th, 2021 - The 2nd ML5 staff elections occur before getting called off due to a major shitstorm.
- April 29th, 2021 - A severe political shitstorm happens and results in the archival of the ML5's first main chat.
- May 23rd, 2021 - Duč resigns and Lantern is elected as administrator.
- June 5th, 2021 - ML and TMAFE start Community War 12.
- July 12th, 2021 - ML begins NMVENT.
- July 22nd, 2021 - ML Day 2021 happens; NMVENT ends.
- July 30th, 2021 - Community War 12 ends; the ML partners with a server named New Dawn.
- September 27th, 2021 - A TMAFE aggression in the form of a spying accusation against Ulain occurs.
- October 2nd, 2021 - The TMAFE aggression's development causes Soundcard to attack Frontierpedia, however the drama was later sorted out.
- October 30th, 2021 - Soundcard raids Frontierpedia yet again, vandalizing almost every page and over 300 files.
- November 8th, 2021 - A ML member, most likely Daepon, attacks Frontierpedia, vandalizing 12 pages with vulgar messages, the "knowledge about MAGA 2024" copypasta and furry NSFW.
- November 17th, 2021 - The server is renamed to The Bottom Pit.
- January 3rd, 2022 - The server has four of its most inactive channels archived, the most notable one being the Funny Corner; the partnership with New Dawn ends due to severe inactivity of the other server.
The server used to organize staff elections, of which a total of three were done and two were concluded.
April 2021 moderator election
The first election in ML5 happened around April 5th, 2021. The new staff system was 2 permanent administrators and one elected moderator. Duč won the election, but the amount of votes and the rest of the candidates are no longer known. Duč went on to get promoted to a permanent admin later during the month.
April 2021 government election
The April 2021 government election happened on April 18th, 2021. This election introduced a party system, but due to people making parties with no people, a requirement was added for parties to have at least 2 members. This action managed to reduce the number of parties to just two - the ML Social Party (supported by most veterans) and the ML GOP (supported by most TMAFE members). The two parties were fighting for spots in the government, but the election evolved into a shitstorm between the two parties and was called off. The ML GOP later got dissolved.
May 2021 administrator election
After Duč abdicated from his position, a referendum was organized regarding the ML staff system's future - people had the choice to make the ML a diarchy, a triarchy with a new elected admin or a triarchy with Neethy leading twice. Most people supported the second option, so an election occurred. Lantern was elected (without getting majority of the votes), but is no longer known who were the candidates and how many votes they got.
The Bottom Pit usually has barely any drama, however it tends to switch into an almost constant shitstorm mode whenever a TMAFE member is active inside the server. This happens mostly due to completely differing views of ML and TMAFE members and various actions are taken to react to it.
The Bottom Pit had a politics channel around May 2021. It was mostly used by SC and Konnor88 to argue with each other. It has resulted in a lot of drama and due to this, Duč deleted the channel on May 23rd, 2021. It is also known to be the channel where Konnor sent the messages that resulted in his shortlasting suspension from Discord a few days before the channel's deletion.
Other political drama
The Bottom Pit also had political drama outside of the #politics channel, such as the shitstorm on April 29th, 2021 which started as a political argument regarding critical thinking, Karl Marx and social democracy. The argument then turned into the veterans and TMAFE members calling each other extremists while the topic shifted from social democracy to LGBTQ+ rights. Due to extreme comments made by TMAFE members, the channel in which all of it happened was turned into what was called the 1st ML STGR and was archived. The channel is now only accessible to administrators of The Bottom Pit.
On April 7th, 2021, The Bottom Pit has introduced a new channel called the Funny Corner. It is used to mute members deemed problematic. TimurTurk was the first person to enter the Funny Corner; he reacted negatively to it, but later calmed down and occupied the Funny Corner for 4 days before getting grounded by his mother and leaving. His reaction was not the only negative one - all people who have been in the Funny Corner before have not reacted positively to the fact that they were occupying it. On May 10th, 2021, slowmode was added to the Funny Corner which has resulted in an even more negative reaction from the person who was occupying it at the time, with message edits like "LET ME OUT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" or "why do i need to be punished". The Funny Corner has not been in use since June 2021 due to Community War 12 and all TMAFE members being banned from The Bottom Pit; it has been decommissioned on January 3rd, 2022.
When an individual in The Bottom Pit causes a large amount of drama, an admin may start a voteban against the person. When such a voteban starts, people are able to vote "yes" or "no" before a deadline spontaneously set by an administrator (most often it is 1 minute after the voteban begins). It is similar to TMAFE's recalls, but it does not need a specific amount of "yes" votes to succeed. Here is a list of votebans which have happened in The Bottom Pit so far:
The first voteban happened on April 7th, 2021 and was against TimurTurk due to him attempting to spread his religious nationalist views and causing drama. It has succeeded with 3 "yes" votes and 0 "no" votes. Timur later came back to occupy the Funny Corner for 4 days, after which he informed the ML that they got him grounded by his mother. After he said it, Timur left the server and never came back.
The second voteban happened on June 2nd, 2021 and was against Konnor88 due to him attempting to spread his far-right views in the ML - a mostly leftist server - and causing a political argument. It has succeeded with 2 "yes" votes and 0 "no" votes. Konnor later came back to the server, however he was permanently banned less than a month later.
The third voteban happened on June 3rd, 2021 and was against United World due to him attempting to spread his homophobic and transphobic views and causing drama. It has failed with 1 "yes" vote and 1 "no" vote (from Konnor88) as it failed to achieve a majority in "yes" votes. Despite this, United World was banned as part of the first Community War 12 operations 2 days later.
- It was originally a DM group called Mini Mapper League.
- The server becoming the official successor to the Republic was met with disappointment from people who wanted the old League to stay a vassal.
- Formerly about a quarter of its population was MSAgent Tubers, but they were banned when Community War 12 began.
- All 3 of its current administrators are transgender.