|Developer(s)||John M. DeFino|
|Initial release||March 23rd, 1999 (24 years ago)|
|Latest version release date||August 23rd, 2012 (11 years ago)|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
CyberBuddy is a multi-purpose instant messaging software that utilizes Microsoft Agent. It utilizes Microsoft Agent characters to allow the user to perform tasks such as setting reminders, sending voice messages, or checking the news. The application features a tab layout that allows the end-user to navigate through the use of tabs. The program also allows the user to customize which agent assistant they would like to have to assist them and modify settings such as the character size and character voice.
The primary features provided inside CyberBuddy include:
- Reminder system
- Instant messaging
- Send voice messages
- News headlines & weather
- Checking email & filtering email spam
- Deliver RSS news feeds
- Read text, web pages, or documents
- Provide entertainment in the form of jokes
CyberBuddy also has a premium version alongside the regular free version. Unlike the free version, the premium version provides access to Caller ID, speech recognition, and the ability to have multiple characters on the screen.
In version 2.08.00 of CyberBuddy, a feature was added to tell stories off the CyberBuddy website. The stories page features twelve stories designed for kids, one designed for all ages, and one in Italian. If a user wanted to, they could have made their own stories with the CyberBuddy Story Builder. Afterward, a user may listen to the created story with the CyberBuddy program.
Screenshot of the main tab.
Screenshot of the instant messaging tab.
Screenshot of the reminders tab.
Screenshot of the clipboard tab.
- CyberBuddy's first installer is 16-bit so it cannot run on modern 64-bit versions of Windows.
- The CyberBuddy installer has the EXE installers for Robby, Peedy, Merlin, and Genie packed inside of it.
- CyberBuddy utilizes Microsoft Agent 2.0.
- The premium version of the program costed 19.95 US dollars.
- It is unknown whether or not the CyberBuddy program was discontinued, as there is no official statement on discontinuation.